https://medium.com/@mnemon1ck/why-you-should-not-use-angularjs-1df5ddf6fc99 - Why you should not use AngularJs — Medium
Mamiya: Fast deployments with Serf and S3
Nice and simple usecase for Serf: massive fast deployments. I really like the simplicity of the approach. Serf could be replaced by Consul, it even has got remote execution framework, so deployment would be even simpler!Read on →
Great introduction from Armon Dadgar (Hashicorp) to Consul to simplify some major pain points for SOA / Service Oriented deployments of arbitrary sizes.
Consul: Service Oriented at ScaleRead on →
Very cool looking deployment approach for complex setups (Docker + Kubernetes + Atomic)
Jquery + Animations
requirements: - Java 1.7 - Python
Installation: $ git clone https://github.com/youtube/spfjs.git && cd spfjs $ make
Read on →
# DEMO $ make demo # run tests $ make tests
- Distributed Systems and the End of the API - problems with APIs (Networked) as we know them
- Distributed systems theory for the distributed systems engineer - link compilation for accessible information about distributed systems (not academic papers)
- Death of the game design document - the article talks about game development, but this is true for any kind of software project
Week #18 (2014) linkdump:
- Postman – A command-line utility for batch-sending email - made in Golang
- TDD, Straw Men, and Rhetoric - a rather long answer to DHHs rant about TDD. I have to agree on most of the points, DHH seems to have lost it… He should keep on racing and not making such absurd statements about curent state of software development.
- Web Fundamentals - A handbook for best practices - a guide from Google how to approach
- Learn Layout - CSS fundamentals, explained clearly and visually
- Install CoreOS on Digital Ocean - hmm…
- SmartStack vs. Consul - interestiong arguments pro SmartStack from the core developer Igor
- An Introduction to Managing DNS - very good introduction how to manage DNS with Digital Ocean
- The Great Microservices vs Monolithic Apps Twitter Melee - a fun twitter disscussion microservices VS monolith… I’m still not sure, what the best approach would be.
- Chef Server in Go - Wow… Chef server in Golang, with tests, might come in handy
- Aerospike goes Open Source - aerospike is a rather
- Terraform - Infrastructure as code, from HashiCorp. really interesting.