Elixir / Erlang
- http://homeonrails.com/2015/08/from-ruby-to-erlang/ - From Ruby to Erlang. Beginner’s Mistakes (2015/08/03)
- http://www.lookintens.com/#monitor - A live reloader for iex #elixir #tips (2015/08/02)
- http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=1454463 - Erlang for Concurrent Programming (2008/10/24) (from JIM LARSON, a software engineer at Google)
- http://www.theerlangelist.com/2015/07/beyond-taskasync.html - BEYOND TASK.ASYNC #elixir (2015/07/31)
- http://blog.jonharrington.org/elixir-and-czmq/ - Elixir and ZeroMQ -
- http://hashnuke.com/2015/07/19/convenience-hacks-for-using-exrm-with-phoenix-apps.html - Convenience hacks for using exrm with Phoenix apps #elixir #devops #phoenixframework #deployment
- http://cabol.github.io/programming-languages-and-multicore-crisis/ - Programming Languages and Multicore Crisis (2013/11/24) #erlang #future
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKTxC9pl-WM - Making Badass Developers - Kathy Sierra (Serious Pony) keynote
- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm9QB_OyB9w - Erlang Factory SF 2015 - Inaki Garay - Teaching is Learning: Training New Hires
- http://radianttiger.com/2015/04/20/a-culture-that-attracts-quality-candidates/ - A culture that attracts quality candidates
- http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/Programs/HolisticLearningEBook.pdf - Holistic Learning Free Ebook
- http://doubleyouraudience.com/microconf/ - Microconf 2015 Recap Page
- https://www.groovehq.com/blog/neil-patel-interview - Building Businesses, Learning From Mistakes and the ROI of Helicopters
- Founder Institute Webinar Archive: http://fi.co/contents/10311
- http://blog.bablic.com/why-startups-need-a-multilingual-website/ - Why #Startups Need #Multilingual Website #strategy
- 10 советов от человека, знавшего 16 языков – http://fit4brain.com/8440 #language-learning #russian
- https://www.groovehq.com/support/dealing-with-uncooperative-coworkers - How To Deal With Uncooperative Co‑Workers #working #EQ #psychology
- http://yolostartup.com/101/ - short and #actionable advices to start your #business #startup
- Plain #Threads are the GOTO of todays computing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OCUEgSNIAY #cplusplus #futures - use a language with good support for concurrency!
Kathy Sierra drops magic wisdom!
- Treat your devs as People, not humanoids or unicorns!
- Save cognitive resources on everything, that is ONE SINGLE POOL!
- fasten up the process to get from “can’t do” to “mastered”
- bypass B -> this is magic. High quantitative exposure to high quality code let’s the brain recognize patterns and learn much faster. JUST EXPOSURE! We should definetelly use this!
Very excited about possible applications of this advice.
Read on →
The Monolith Myth - https://www.devmynd.com/blog/2014-4-the-monolith-myth - A solid separation of concerns within the same code base can yield the same type of flexibility as having several smaller repos. Plus you eliminate all of the aforementioned complexity and can use that energy to keep your garden tended.
Let’s Build A Web Server. Part 1. - http://ruslanspivak.com/lsbaws-part1/ - Build a webserver from the ground, great to understand web in general
Git styleguide - https://github.com/agis-/git-style-guide
5 Rules of Programming - http://users.ece.utexas.edu/~adnan/pike.html
- Do Not Learn Frameworks. Learn the Architecture - http://kukuruku.co/hub/programming/do-not-learn-frameworks-learn-the-architecture
- Riot.js — The 1kb client-side MVP library - https://muut.com/blog/technology/riotjs-the-1kb-mvp-framework.html
- From React to Riot 2.0 - https://muut.com/blog/technology/riot-2.0/index.html
CCSRead on →
- Keep Your Identity Small - http://www.paulgraham.com/identity.html
- Six years at SoundCloud, Five Lessons Learned - On creating a healthy culture and building a sustainable company within it - https://medium.com/@SoundCloud/six-years-at-soundcloud-five-lessons-learned-4a7abc47431b
- The Ultimate Guide to Customer Service Training - https://www.groovehq.com/support/customer-service-training
- How to Grow, Manage and Work with Remote Teams - https://zapier.com/learn/the-ultimate-guide-to-remote-working/
- Pairing with Junior Developers - https://devmynd.com/blog/2015-1-pairing-with-junior-developers
‘This Mistake Will End Your Career’ — the Advice That Almost Doomed Me… | Sallie Krawcheck | LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/best-mistake-end-your-career-advice-almost-doomed-me-sallie-krawcheck
The Remote Manifesto - https://about.gitlab.com/2015/04/08/the-remote-manifesto/ Great short guidelines for distributed teams from Gitlab
- [SCaLE 13x] Derek Collison | NATS: A new nervous system for distributed cloud platforms Video, Slides
- 4gophers.com - Great Russian resource for Go
- Structuring Applications in Go - How I organize my applications in Go
- Phoenix: Cross-Platform Theme Utilities for Shopify built with Go
- Aerospike Client for Go from LiquidM
- Presentation: You Won’t Believe How the Biggest Sites Build Scalable and Resilient Systems! http://www.infoq.com/presentations/scalable-resilient-systems
- Why You Need Mentors (and Why You Don’t Have Them Yet) http://www.scotthyoung.com/blog/2015/01/07/how-to-get-mentors/
- Fast, Scalable Networking in Go with Mangos | Brave New Geek http://www.bravenewgeek.com/fast-scalable-networking-in-go-with-mangos/